CureZone   Log On   Join
My Surgery story

farscape66 Views: 2,532
Published: 16 years ago

My Surgery story

Went n at 6:3 AM, with my roomate Steve as my designated driver. Was preped and IV inserted, My pastor came and prayed for me and met my dr. Dr. Kodama) The anisteologist said I'm slipping you a cocktail. -----
I awale about 90 minutes later, Dr. Kodama says it went perfect and was a lap. Thank god it was a lap. He said if all goes well I'll be out in an 2 hours.
Well they wanted me to urinate before leaving. Here the problem occurs, I could not void. They sent me to a room. Hooked up two more bags of fluid, still no luck. Around 3 PM they drained my bladder with a catheter (OUCH). Then about 30 minutes after the drain, it started working again. They said when I could produce 30cc an hour, I could go. By 6 PM resident dr came by examined me and ordered my release. Got home at 7PM. Tried to sleep but due to fluid overload had to void every 30 minutes till 5AM the next day. A horrible night. A bit sore but taking no narcotics, perceset was given but dont need it. I was surprised that no Antibiotic was given.
____
Today I have had 2 two hour naps and many calls from frends and family. Throat is sore from antisetic. Will take bandages off tomorrow morning. Roomate has two ictures the dr gave hin, I have yet to look at them.
____
Two weeks off from work on disability was approved, 3 if I need it. Follow up appt is next wednesday, stitches dissolve on their own.
___
Eating soup, cottage cheese, vegatables, very low fat.
___
No bowell movement first day. Basically sore and tired.
___
Not bad so far. But what complications are waiting for me????

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.234 sec, (1)