CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Had surgery in mid-December 2004, still feeling extremely sick.. Help!!!

smore05 Views: 1,786
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 389,915

Re: Had surgery in mid-December 2004, still feeling extremely sick.. Help!!!

Hi There Magic,

From what you are describing, it sounds like the problems u are experiencing may not be realted to not having a GB. I would check with the Dr again and have him do some more complete tests. Have they tested for IBS (irritable bowel)it could also be that -I would look further into it. From most of the people who post here that have had surgery, it seems to "cure" their problem. I had surgery in Feb and am still recovering. Keep in mind that your body is still adjusting to not having a GB, which does help digestion. I've heard it can take up to a year in some people to have their body readjust. You may also want to look into some natural remedies to aid in digestion. I drink aloe vera juice first thing in the morning, and I find it helps me digest better. You can find this at any local health food store. There may be foods that your body won't tolerate without a gallbladder, for me so far I'm staying away from really greasy fatty foods, and everything else seems to be okay. If certain foods bother you, I would try to stay away from them -your body will tell you what it can and can't tolerate. I know how you feel, I am under 110lbs as well, and couldn't bear the thought of loosing another food item from the short list of things I could eat. Hopefully your situation will improve. You're still very young, and I would not be satisfied with living like you are! Do everything you can to get yourself healthy again! There is life after GB surgery, and it's a good, pain free life that you will experience too! :)

Hope this helps you in some way. All the best!

SM

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.641 sec, (1)