CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Had surgery in mid-December 2004, still feeling extremely sick.. Help!!!

Views: 1,780
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 389,927

Re: Had surgery in mid-December 2004, still feeling extremely sick.. Help!!!

Hi ,

You said that your doctor, or that doctors say that stones do not form in the liver. This is probably true from a doctors scientific veiw point, but when they talk about the liver they mean the liver itself and not the ducts etc that connect it to the galbladder. People on this site think of the bile ducts as being part of the liver, and they are in a sense right. Bile can also become stagnant in the bile ducts, after all if the galbladdder is "chalk a block" with stones, where does all the bile go. I think this might be what is causing the confusion.

I am sorry the flush did not work for you, but I have read somewhere that in some cases the walls of the galbladder can thicken over time because of infection and scarring causing it to shrink. IT is not unlogical to suppose that this might also happen to the bile duct leading from it. This could be the reason you could not pass any stones,and also the reason many doctors are in favour of removing the galbladder. By the time many people get around to having surgery the galbladder has got to the point of no return because it is dieseased. This is another point that may be causing confusion on this site.

YOu are not wrong in in you veiw that doctors do, more often than not, know what they are talking about.As adults most of us have learned that it is a good idea to be open minded especially when it concerns our health.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.656 sec, (1)