CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Questioning "normal bony growths" in mouth

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
jamierdh Views: 9,541
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 39,153

Re: Questioning "normal bony growths" in mouth

I know you got the answer to your question and it has been a while since you asked but I had to write because some of the responses are quite humurous. I am a dental hygienist so I know about the bumps. the one lady had the right answer there are called tori. They are considered a variation of normal. there are a few different forms of these. Palatal tori is a bump on the roof of the mouth, manbibular tori and on the floor of the mouth below the teeth under the tonge. And there is also exestosis or buccal tori which appear above your top teeth. These are VERY COMMON so no worries. I see them in one or more forms in about 30-40 percent of my patients. There is no treatment for them or no need to remove them unless you need a denture and they get in the way or they grow are a annoying, but the procedure to remove them isn't fun - cutting away the bone. Most of the time they don't grow that much. the variety called exestosis are the most likely to grow - which doesnt' sound like you don't have that kind. Good luck

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.766 sec, (1)