CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Why do I have to believe in God to be a good person?

been there done that Views: 891
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 398,660

Re: Why do I have to believe in God to be a good person?

Hi Nosferatu,
First of all, let me thank you for not blaming God for bad things (many people do because they are selfish and don't want to accept responsibility for what they do to themselves). I am now a Christian (haven't always been). Before I knew God's name and His truth (meaning, before I knew Him as Jesus and believed that the bible is His truth), I called Him "The Origin" (where everything came from), "The Creator AND Sustainer" (He is not just the Creator, He also gives us our sustenance), and "The God of All Pure Goodness" (yes, there is another member of the spirit world,...the god of evil, the devil). I didn't have only one name for God because He was many things to me, He was EVERYTHING to me. It is because of my love for Him that I now know His truth. I believe that the bible is true and reveals the name of the one that God sent in His name to forgive our wrong-doing (I don't want to use the word sin because people get all "bent out of shape"). I believe that the god of evil doesn't want us to know "the truth" and will try to always decieve us and prevent us from knowing the "TRUTH" (John 14:6). God is not a religion or any dogma (dogma are only rules to make you a "PROPER" person, but lack sincerity and are devoid of love). I'm sure you've heard that cleanliness is next to Godliness, of course that's true, it's in the bible, but is that the right goal? Many people think they understand it. I don't want NEXT to Godliness, I want TRUE and complete GODLINESS. Religions are only NEXT to Godliness (false Godliness). OOPS, sorry, I have to rush, I have to leave before the store closes, I'll come back here later.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.344 sec, (1)