CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Why do I have to believe in God to be a good person?

been there done that Views: 829
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 398,662

Re: Why do I have to believe in God to be a good person?

Hello again Nosferatu,
As I was saying, "Religion is NEXT to Godliness", it is not real, true Godliness. Cleanliness is good for hygiene, but, God loves us all, no matter how many pimples we have (of course). You don't have to go anywhere (to a confessional or priest) to have your sins (wrong-doing) forgiven, just ask Jesus (sent from God to be the one AND ONLY sacrifice for sin) and trust in Him as your Lord and Savior. The only priesthood that ever existed and was able to forgive sin was the Levitical Priesthood (the third book of the bible was their guidebook), but the priesthood became obsolete when Jesus Christ was sent from God to be the sacrifice for sin. So, there are really no requirements to be the KIND of person that does "GOOD" things (other than actually DOING good things), but in order to be forgiven of SIN, you need only ask Jesus, the one and only sacrifice for sin, the one sent from the heavenly father to do so (the great godsend). NOBODY on earth can forgive sin, NO ONE in heaven (angels or saints) can forgive sin, ONLY Jesus. Any church you go into that has priests OR claims to be able to forgive sin, is WRONG. You can not BUY or DO anything to earn forgiveness, it is a gift from God. Of course, God does want us to be good, decent people, but doesn't require us to be a person that everybody will think of as "NICEY NICE" or "goody two shoes".

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.484 sec, (1)