CureZone   Log On   Join
In His Image

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

justmarvin Views: 1,856
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 401,027

In His Image

Hello Beentheredonethat,

I read the link, and you brought up many interesting points.

#1) We are made in the image of God.

This is what makes life so SACRED. This is why murder is such an insult. This is why abortion is so wrong. Because we are all made in the image of God!

And yes, as you pointed out, we sin against not only the person and our body--but ultimately against God. I am reminded of David when he committed adultery, murdered, and lied... he said to God, you ALONE have I sinned against! WOW! Ofcourse, after getting things right with God, he appologized to the whole congregation of people. Ultimately though, we are sinning against God.

#2) The fear of the Lord

God does not rule over his subjects with the kind of fear a tyrrant would demand. I think also that people don't FEAR God enough! We are to fear Him, but we must understand what the fear of the Lord is first.

Here's some references and comments I pulled out from http://www.godslovingkindness.com/studies/howdoifearalovinggod.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD." Joshua 24:14 (KJV)

In this study, I want to go over just what it is to fear the Lord. Take a look at the above scripture and notice that the scripture, wants us to serve the Lord, in truth and sincerity. God, doesn't want us to fear Him in a way that we want to run and hide from Him.

One of Webster Dictionary's meanings for fear is: 3 : to have a reverential awe of and reverential means: 1 : expressing or having a quality of reverence . If you have reverence for God, you have honor and respect for Him. If you stay at someone's house and want to be respectful, you will abide by their house rules. If you respect God, you will abide by and follow His commandments. This is how God, wants us to fear Him. He wants us to fear Him, by obeying Him.

"The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate." Proverbs 8:13 (KJV)

This scripture backs up my point. The fear of the Lord, is to hate evil and if you hate evil, you will go out of your way not to do evil. Some people say,"I fear the Lord!" However, after you hear them say that, you might find them running wild in sinful ways. You may find that that person, loves to sin. If you love to sin, you do not fear God! We have some puppies, we are trying to train. We want them to fear us, where they don't want to disobey us.

"The fear of the LORD [is] a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death." Psalm 14:27 (KJV)

"Better [is] little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith." Proverbs 15:16 (KJV)

"The fear of the LORD [is] the instruction of wisdom; and before honour [is] humility." Proverbs 15:33 (KJV)

"The fear of the LORD [tendeth] to life: and [he that hath it] shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil." Proverbs 19:23 (KJV)

"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD [men] depart from evil." Proverbs 16:6 (KJV)

"How do I fear, a loving God?" The answer is simple, just depart from sin!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.969 sec, (2)