CureZone   Log On   Join
Interested in your opinions...

eileen45 Views: 1,043
Published: 17 years ago

Interested in your opinions...

Since we are talking about money and ministry...I have a situation that I would like your opinion on. I have a good friend who is financially secure. He lives alone in a large, expensive home, drives a very expensive sports car, takes trips, and buys expensive toys (just purchased a $1500 bike) in spite of the fact that he has been out of work for almost a year. Family money...I suppose...anyway...he has been able to live off his severance pay and savings, while he was figuring out what direction he wants to take his career. He is a dear christian brother and just took a job teaching (part-time) at a christian school starting in the fall. Ok...my question. He is going on a mission trip to Africa and yesterday in the mail I received a support request from him to help offset the cost of his trip. I know this is fairly common for people that want to take a mission trip to find people willing to help pay, but it surprised me that he would solicit money from friends, especially when I suspect most of his friends do not have the kind of *discretionary* spending money that he seems to have. Is it me? Am I over-reacting to his request? I guess my feeling is...if God puts it on your heart to minister, then God will provide the financial means for you to obey. And sometimes that means He has already blessed you financially to be able to bear the cost yourself. If there was a financial NEED...I could understand his request. Thoughts??

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.094 sec, (1)