CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: THE SCRIPTURE QUILT

Ev Views: 2,656
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 404,750

Re: THE SCRIPTURE QUILT

Habakkuk 3:16-19
I trembled inside when I heard all this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us.  Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.  The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains.
2 Corinthians 5:17-19 
What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!    
All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God has given us the task of reconciling people to him.  For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others.
2 Corinthians 5:20 
We are Christ's ambassadors, and God is using us to speak to you. We urge you, as though Christ himself were here pleading with you, "Be reconciled to God!"
Galatians 5:22-26 
But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law.  Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit's leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or irritate one another, or be jealous of one another.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.781 sec, (2)