CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Do you experince this too?

John Cullison Views: 1,359
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 422,232

Re: Do you experince this too?

Oh, yeah...

When I was doing The Master Cleanser , I got things like "That can't be healthy!" (What a riot!). Fortunately, my co-workers simply think I'm crazy, which keeps me from bothering to explain any more.

But it's not just with nutrition or alternative health.

ANY subject outside of what one is comfortable with results in this.

What I've observed (so this is a grandiose opinion from a limited viewpoint -- season liberally!) is that people in general (but not all) actively reject new ideas, or competitive ideas, until they reach a certain breaking point. We all seem to have it firmly entrenched in our minds that if we find a better idea, that means our current idea is wrong -- that we were wrong -- and we can't have that, now, can we?

When we've finally had enough of the suffering which comes with holding onto whatever ideas we cherish, then we might consider something else. And if they are anything like me, then they'll probably fight it tooth and claw for awhile... In ten years or so, we can look back and laugh...

This is what holds back human progress. People would rather hold onto their prized ideas -- no matter how little effort it would take to change them -- until the cost becomes so great to them that it's less painful to change the idea than it is to firmly maintain it.

Look up "Semmelweiss" sometime. In his case, we couldn't change the idea until the older generations died off and irrefutable proof from a related discipline (with new fangled high tech gadgetry) finally made it blatantly obvious what the problem was.

*sigh*

I think we'll know mankind has reached an evolutionary milestone when he finally recognizes this pattern in himself and changes it, so that a new idea is no longer perceived as a threat and can be safely explored.

=-John-=

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.516 sec, (1)