CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Colonoscopy and kidney cleanse

little_star Views: 1,599
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 464,045

Re: Colonoscopy and kidney cleanse

Hi,

I don't know what country you're in, but here in the UK patients are given either a laxative the night before their colonoscopy, or an enema immediately before. I imagine the procedures are the same in the States. I've worked in 2 wards where colonoscopies were performed, and these are the chosen methods to clear out faeces so the doctor can see what's going on.

The laxative that was used was called 'Picolax' and from what the patients told me was very effective. The enemas that were given were phosphate enemas which evacuate faeces from fairly high up in the colon.

These 2 methods of clearing the colon worked very quickly. I am in no doubt that you would get far more benefits from doing a Colon Cleanse yourself over a few days / weeks than rely on a quick dose of laxative to clean your bowel.

If it has been recommended that you have a colonoscopy, then I would suggest that you go for one. Having a family history of colon cancer doesn't mean that you will get it as well, but IMHO, I always think it is better to be checked just to be on the safe side. It is highly likely you will be given sedation during the procedure, and most people therefore don't remember a thing when it is completed.

I'm afraid I can't give you any advice re: your uric acid levels. If you are thinking about doing the cleanses, it would be a good idea to check with your doctor beforehand that they are safe to do with your gout symptoms.

Hope this helps in some way xx

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

2.094 sec, (1)