CureZone   Log On   Join
Allergies in infants?

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Good Riddance to
Hot Flashes and More!

Nutrient-rich, phyto-nutrient and antioxidant...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
nspeth Views: 2,771
Published: 15 years ago

Allergies in infants?

I have a 8 1/2 month old and I'm concerned he has allergies. Allergies do not run in our family. He is always rubbing his eyes and nose as if they are itchy. At first I thought it was just related to teething but I really think it's something more. We've had trouble with one of his eyes getting red and goopey and both eyes have always watered which the doctor's said is blocked tear ducts. The watering has gotten better as well as the red goopey eye but it still flairs up. I wish I could remember when he started all the rubbing but I want to say it's been most of his life. We do have a cat and my house isn't as clean as I'd like it to be so maybe that's an issue. I use as many non-toxic and natural prodcuts as possible. He does have some dry patches on his arms and legs which I thought might be eczema but putting unscented lotion on him helps a lot. He's never taken to eating solids very well (I started him on organic brown rice cereal at 5 months) and I'm thinking he's sensitive to food. I have noticed little red bumps but I'm not sure if it's from that or not. I want to say they appeared when he ate carrots and sweet potatoes. Right now I'm not giving him any solids because he just won't eat it. He takes itty bitty bites at first but then gags and doesn't want it. Lately, the last 2 weeks he's been having some gastrointestinal issues. I can hear his intestines rumbling. His BM's are very loud and gassy and sound very watery (he's always had pretty watery diapers though). But his gas smells now and he's always had mucous in his stool. Last week he had some red in his diaper and I don't know if that was blood or not. It wasn't food because he's only breastfeeding right now. His intestines started rumbling the same day I gave him oatmeal (for the first time) and mashed banana. Maybe the gluten in oatmeal is causing this. Could it be celiac disease? I do have an appointment with a new pediatrician on July 11th but I haven't been able to find one yet who is holistically minded, well at least to the point that I am. I always like to try something natural first so if anyone can help I'm really at a loss. How can I help my son's intestines be ready for solid foods? Oh and he is not vaccinated so I know it's not a reaction from that. Thanks so much!!

Nicole

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.437 sec, (2)