CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Any help, advice, or support would be greatly appreciated

cschmidt Views: 1,291
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 48,317

Re: Any help, advice, or support would be greatly appreciated

Well, who ever told you that it HCV is incureable is comletely wrong. As a fellow 'hepper' I think I can give you soem helpful information. First of all there are different strains or genotypes of HCV. Some of the genotypes are actually a lot easier to cure. Genotype 1 is the tough one. Doctors do have mediacations for this, but they too can be expensive if you do not have medical insurance. Fortunatly I just pay a co-pay, or else the stuff would have bankrupted me or close to it. The main medication is called Interferon. There are a few different kinds, depending on the drug manufacturer. The older ones were taken once a day, but now they have "Pegalated Interferon" which is a time release substance so you only have to take it once a week. You also take pills everyday as well, to assist the interferon. The stuff is not easy to take either, there are many side effects, physical and psychological. The interferon lowers your white blood counts and also your absolute neutrophyls (goes along the same lines as white blood cells). The pills cause your red blood cells to break, thus making you close to being enemic. Because of these 2 problems, you have to take more stuff. Neupogen, raises your white blood cells back and procrit raises the red blood count (even still, I know I was still tired throught the day and climbing a flight of stairs was still a chore). I am not sure where you live, but I would go to a gastroenteroligist. There are not alot of them in the US, maybe about 500 and they usually reside in big name hospitals, like NYU Medical or Temple University Hospital. They all know each other too. My current doctor in Philly knows the guy who I went to in NYC. Anyway, like I said, don't believe those yo-yos that there is no hope at all. Go and see someone as soon as you can. If you want to talk some more contact me at charlie_j_schmidt@hotmail.com I personally have gone through 3 sets of treatments (I know that sounds like its hopeless), the last one I came very close to being virus free (so damn close!), but I know 2 things, 1 - if I hadn't gone I truely believe my liver would have exploded by now and 2 - I aint giving up, I will defeat this! Whatever you decide to do, good luck and God bless.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.797 sec, (2)