CureZone   Log On   Join
Hep C w/ Diabetes: Supplements - What can go together?

Views: 3,047
Published: 17 years ago

Hep C w/ Diabetes: Supplements - What can go together?

My husband was diagnosed with diabetes in April 2001 (takes Metformin 500 2x day), and blood sugars are staying way too high (250 avg.) He was diagnosed with Hep C in October 2003. In March 2004 biopsy & blood work indicate that he has fibrosis, necrosis and inflammation, and is at great risk for progression to cirrhosis. He is classified Stage 3 of possible Stage 4 for progression to cirrhosis. He is genotype 1. Viral load of 90 Million.

He chose not to take the recommended treatment of interferon shots and ribavirin pills.

Since May he has been taking 2 tsp. daily glyconutrients, called Glyco-Essence Vital Immune Support, for the Hep C.

Last month we found a dietary supplement to normalize elevated blood Sugar levels. Ingredients of the herbal, called Glucobetic, is: zinc (Gluconate), chromium GTF (Polynicotinate), vanadyl sulfate, gymnema sylvestre extract, bitter melon extract (momordica charantia), fenugreek extract (Trigonella Foenum-graecum), Bilberry Extract (Vaccinium Myrtillus), Cinnamon Extract (Cinnamomum Verum), Jambolan (Syzgium Cumini), Pterocarpus Marsupium, Gulvel (Tinospora Cordifolia).

QUESTION: How can I find out if it is safe to take metformin prescription, glyconutrients and herbal formula together? We do know that the herbal formula along with metformin could tend to create LOW blood Sugar levels, but so far has not changed anything. He's been taking it only 3 weeks, and is prepared at all times with food to bring blood Sugar back up if necessary.

Where can I find out the interactions of herbals & all that?

Thank you from both of us. We really need help. Also would like to add that we are praying people, so that is our first avenue of "treatment".

Bev

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.391 sec, (1)