CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Kapha or Pitta dosha....plz help me!!

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
loriap Views: 5,402
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 494,192

Re: Kapha or Pitta dosha....plz help me!!

Hi, Jackie

Hopefully some of my words can help you. I recognize your name from this forum.

Your symptoms sound like classic examples of pitta disturbance of the liver and other disturbances. Pitta is the driving force of digestion that starts in the liver by producing bile. Because your liver is so congested, your digestion is very weak. Makes sense you are constipated and hungry.

Andreas does not recommend raw foods diet to most people, especially persons so heavily congested as yourself (or myself). Raw foods take a lot of digestive energy to be processed and instead of helping you, eating primarily raw foods right now sounds like it is taking the last bit of energy that your body has. In fact, it sounds as if it put your energy bank in a negative balance, of sorts.

No lasting solution is one-sided and your case calls for many protocols but I can offer a few that I know of. Have you read Andreas book, Timeless Secrets of Health & Rejuvination (formerly Key to H&R)? It doesn't sound like you have, I recommend it highly. All of this and tons more is in there. Or any other Ayurveda source would help you right now.

Since your body cannot break down these raw foods properly, your cells are not getting nourished, hence the constant hunger. And I suspect that you are eating very often, probably 4-6 times a day, right? This depletes your digestive power further because there are only certain times of the day in which digestion is strong. THe best times to eat are breakfast between 7-8 am, lunch between 12-1pm, and dinner between 6-7pm. If you have to snack, make sure it's at least seperated from any other meal by 3-4 hours and make it VERY light, like one piece of fruit. Also, certain foods are easier to digest than others. Peak digestion is at lunchtime, that meal should be your largest (still keep it size of cupped hands) and most diverse. You could have one grain, some veggis (cooked), nuts, etc. You could have salad at lunch too but in your case I would really reduce raw foods. Breakfast, eat a light grain, or a piece of fruit. Dinner, eat a veggie soup, veggie mix, or the like, maybe with a grain. Anyway, this diet sounds very lean but maybe you'll get the jest: digestion is lowest at dinner. ANdreas always recommends eating NO salad or raw foods at dinner and NO fruit then either. If you do, digestive power is weak and the food ends up staying in the digestive track putrefying. Eating after 8pm does this also because power is low, getting ready for sleep and healing processes of the late night.

Now, there is one body type that can handle raw foods diet the best, this is Pitta body type with strong, clear, powerful digestion. Although you do have a pitta imbalance, there is also imbalance of vata (movement) and kapha (fluid). THey all work together. While you continue to liver flush for the pitta, you can do the above to help the others immediately. WHat about bedtimes and waking times? Do you follow the bed by 10pm, up by 6am?

For the constipation and just for wellbeing, what about colon cleansing? If you can't do colonics or colemas, I think enemas will help - do you do that already? I feel like it helps clear some toxic material in the colon and it may induce bowels. It would be good first thing in the morning and may help reintroduce your body to the natural cycle of elimiating waste in the morning, when elimination power is strongest (or at least one time of day it's strong).

Something else that should help the constipation is nutrition: eat stimulating foods and watery foods. Your body needs movement element in food and hydration. some watery vegetables I can think of are zuchini (sp?), squash, broccoli (it's watery to me!). Not sure which foods are stimulating per se. I know various spices are like cumin, cinnamon. Stay away from, for example, potatoes (very drying) or pasta. See the relationship? There are complete lists in Andreas book, Timeless Secrets...

To figure your body type, you REALLY need to take a quiz, there's one in his book but I'm sure you can find one on=line. Just answer honestly and you'll find your type. THen tailor your diet and lifestyle accordingly. Remember, nothing is cut and dry, we are all mixes of different things. Tailoring to your body type will bring the fastest relief. And our types will change, sometimes dramatically, as we heal and clear ourselves.

Basically, you want to carefully watch any activity that is going to further drain your energy supply at this time. Those things are raw foods, raw foods eaten all day throughout the day, staying up very late, sleeing in very late, heavy exercise, emotional strain, stress, others. Try to get your colon cleansed: if you have raw food waste this would relieve that. You may consider something like colosan or oxypowder to clear your intestines.

I know you want to heal yourself Jackie. Continue educating yourself. Ayurveda is an awesome blessing to help us return to natural cycles and natural health.

Also, you are right, you need fats to digest properly. Even the folks that are completely cleansed need fats. Eat some fat with every meal. I have hot grain cereal with real butter for breakfast, for instance. You can use real butter, ghee (clarified butter) olive oil, coconut oil, there are others. It doesn't have to be cooked with the food always, just add some butter or OO afterwards.

I bet some hot water would do you real good too. I know it really helped me feel warm and nourished. Took a little getting used to but over time I don't drink ice water anymore. Oh, another great point is to have warm water when you first wake up to help rehydrate the body - very important. there's just so much we can do to regain natural health - these are just some things. Andreas book is more than thorough, it's super thorough in terms of nutrition, natural cycles, what causes diseases, how to heal, emotions, etc. It is an awesome tool that you can use to empower and resume healing yourself with.

OK, this is long. Just call me long-winded! I'm rooting for you!

Love
Lori

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

Hi, Jackie

Hopefully some of my words can help you. I recognize your name from this forum.

Your symptoms sound like classic examples of pitta disturbance of the liver and other disturbances. Pitta is the driving force of digestion that starts in the liver by producing bile. Because your liver is so congested, your digestion is very weak. Makes sense you are constipated and hungry.

Andreas does not recommend raw foods diet to most people, especially persons so heavily congested as yourself (or myself). Raw foods take a lot of digestive energy to be processed and instead of helping you, eating primarily raw foods right now sounds like it is taking the last bit of energy that your body has. In fact, it sounds as if it put your energy bank in a negative balance, of sorts.

No lasting solution is one-sided and your case calls for many protocols but I can offer a few that I know of. Have you read Andreas book, Timeless Secrets of Health & Rejuvination (formerly Key to H&R)? It doesn't sound like you have, I recommend it highly. All of this and tons more is in there. Or any other Ayurveda source would help you right now.

Since your body cannot break down these raw foods properly, your cells are not getting nourished, hence the constant hunger. And I suspect that you are eating very often, probably 4-6 times a day, right? This depletes your digestive power further because there are only certain times of the day in which digestion is strong. THe best times to eat are breakfast between 7-8 am, lunch between 12-1pm, and dinner between 6-7pm. If you have to snack, make sure it's at least seperated from any other meal by 3-4 hours and make it VERY light, like one piece of fruit. Also, certain foods are easier to digest than others. Peak digestion is at lunchtime, that meal should be your largest (still keep it size of cupped hands) and most diverse. You could have one grain, some veggis (cooked), nuts, etc. You could have salad at lunch too but in your case I would really reduce raw foods. Breakfast, eat a light grain, or a piece of fruit. Dinner, eat a veggie soup, veggie mix, or the like, maybe with a grain. Anyway, this diet sounds very lean but maybe you'll get the jest: digestion is lowest at dinner. ANdreas always recommends eating NO salad or raw foods at dinner and NO fruit then either. If you do, digestive power is weak and the food ends up staying in the digestive track putrefying. Eating after 8pm does this also because power is low, getting ready for sleep and healing processes of the late night.

Now, there is one body type that can handle raw foods diet the best, this is Pitta body type with strong, clear, powerful digestion. Although you do have a pitta imbalance, there is also imbalance of vata (movement) and kapha (fluid). THey all work together. While you continue to liver flush for the pitta, you can do the above to help the others immediately. WHat about bedtimes and waking times? Do you follow the bed by 10pm, up by 6am?

For the constipation and just for wellbeing, what about colon cleansing? If you can't do colonics or colemas, I think enemas will help - do you do that already? I feel like it helps clear some toxic material in the colon and it may induce bowels. It would be good first thing in the morning and may help reintroduce your body to the natural cycle of elimiating waste in the morning, when elimination power is strongest (or at least one time of day it's strong).

To figure your body type, you REALLY need to take a quiz, there's one in his book but I'm sure you can find one on=line. Just answer honestly and you'll find your type. THen tailor your diet and lifestyle accordingly. Remember, nothing is cut and dry, we are all mixes of different things. Tailoring to your body type will bring the fastest relief. And our types will change, sometimes dramatically, as we heal and clear ourselves.

Basically, you want to carefully watch any activity that is going to further drain your energy supply at this time. Those things are raw foods, raw foods eaten all day throughout the day, staying up very late, sleeing in very late, heavy exercise, others. Try to get your colon cleansed: if you have raw food waste this would relieve that. You may consider something like colosan or oxypowder to clear your intestines.

I know you want to heal yourself Jackie. Continue educating yourself. Ayurveda is an awesome blessing to help us return to natural cycles and natural health.

Also, you are right, you need fats to digest properly. Even the folks that are completely cleansed need fats. Eat some fat with every meal. I have hot grain cereal with real butter for breakfast, for instance. You can use real butter, ghee (clarified butter) olive oil, coconut oil, there are others. It doesn't have to be cooked with the food always, just add some butter or OO afterwards.

I bet some hot water would do you real good too. I know it really helped me feel warm and nourished. Took a little getting used to but over time I don't drink ice water anymore. Oh, another great point is to have warm water when you first wake up to help rehydrate the body - very important. there's just so much we can do to regain natural health - these are just some things. Andreas book is more than thorough, it's super thorough in terms of nutrition, natural cycles, what causes diseases, how to heal, emotions, etc. It is an awesome tool that you can use to empower and resume healing yourself with.

OK, this is long. Just call me long-winded! I'm rooting for you!

Love
Lori

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.234 sec, (6)