CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Love in a Time of Herpe__what is herpes??

mccarty Views: 5,490
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 535,876

Re: Love in a Time of Herpe__what is herpes??

The original poster made several excellent points on this issue.

However, I would have to say that us "1965 ex baby boomers" have not been ripped off. "Free love" is really nothing more than an act of greed and lack of consideration for one's own future.

We have a 52% divorce rate in this country, and why wouldn't that be the case when everyone deciding to marry today has had sex with a dozen or more people. It's as if the culture has decided to randomly flip a coin at some point along the way before they become too old, and the fear of being alone creeps into their minds, etc.

It was never suppose to be like this. Toss the "Conservative" argument aside from it, and just look at it for what it is-a big mess.

I am an attractive, professional 28 year old male that literally cannot date because of this epidemic. Last year alone, we had 4 million people contract an STD in this country. That's one year.

I was the youngest in my family, and therefore had examples to learn from. That said, I learned when I was young that one night stands didn't get a person anywhere, etc. Unfortunately, that's all people do/care about today. By the time they're 30, however, than they start thinking about marriage, etc. Unfortunately, the vast majority of these women have two or more STD's, and that's the sad reality. And that's exactly why I moreless refuse to date. 90% of these people can't even remember how many people they've slept with anymore, so how on earth do you begin to quiz them on an STD risk background~. You'd have to insist on 15 blood tests and a stool culture, and by the time you'd ever make that kind of request, they'd feel that you were the crazy one, so I've just basically just said screw it, in respect to the prospects of dating.

The bottomline is that it's a given in today's world that any 10.0 chick has at least one STD, and in the stroke of an eye, her beauty is gone. We dig ourselves into our own problems. When that's the case, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.250 sec, (1)