CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Not sure where to go from here (long)

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Anja Views: 1,713
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 537,111

Re: Not sure where to go from here (long)

Yeah, I kind of had a feeling you'd be upset with me for expressing my opinion on that one. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, and I agree that discussion forums are here to let people express their opinions, debate, and learn. That's why I posted my opinion, and I didn't say you shouldn't give yours. I really don't doubt your good intentions, and I've been down a similar road - I've been through a lot with my health, as well, and have tried hundreds of combinations of natural/alternative things over the years, so I'm no slouch either on the subject. I don't feel any of your suggestions are invalid, in fact they might be quite helpful (except for the Fuji apple thing - they're not green and are loaded with sugar), but your posts really do sound very authoritative and as if you are giving specific instructions rather than just speaking from personal experience. I just think that while it's great to share whatever personal insights you've gained as the results of your own health pursuits, for the un-initiated person surfing the boards who is new to the alternative health arena and needs to narrow down what they're dealing with, they might look at some of the folks posting here as being professional healers who work with many people on a daily basis, or having a much broader knowledge base than we actually do. I mean, are your recommendations based on hundreds of case studies you've read thoroughly or years of clients you've seen with a wide variety of health histories and constitutional types? I do think it's noble to spend your valuable personal time being stuck in front of the glo box offering advice to total strangers about what they might do to help themselves, it certainly shows compassion, but I do also think it's a good idea to make it clear that they are only suggestions based on your own personal experience. It's really just the tone I was concerned about because it sounds like you're advising a specific protocol for someone you have limited information on, who might not understand they need to maybe muscle test products, or have some kind of blood or stool analysis to figure out exactly what's going on before potentially wasting more money and time on products that may not be appropriate for them.

As for the credentials issue, I feel a bit testy about that one. It's not all the money-grubbing buying of degrees you seem to feel it is. I know personally quite a few alternative health practitioners who have "letters" after their names who worked hard to get some very valuable initial training and knew they needed the certification to be able to work. (My boyfriend is one of them, and he is never going to earn more than a modest income from it, either.) "Bothering" to get the formal schooling exposed him to a lot he wouldn't have learned otherwise, it gave him a solid foundation, and he's continued that on his own. These folks spend many hours going to seminars and workshops, seeing a wide variety of clients every day, and working overtime to continue helping people, and I do tend to feel they have more authority when it comes to advising protocols, and they do so after learning a lot about their patients first. I do a ton of reading and researching and working on myself, in addition to talking about health subjects with some of the practitioners I see and learning from them as well, but what I know is still a drop in the bucket compared to the knowledge they've gathered over many years of seeing thousands of people and constant study.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.344 sec, (2)