CureZone   Log On   Join
Sleeping issues!!

nspeth Views: 1,912
Published: 15 years ago

Sleeping issues!!

Ok, I know all babies are different but shouldn't a 6 month old be sleeping longer than 2-3 hour stretches? I'm pretty sure it's because of his teething and his eyes but every night is brutal and I am so darn tired. For the last two weeks I've written down the times he woke up and when he ate. This is what last night looked like:

9:30pm sleep
11:20 woke up (patted butt)
12:00 midnight (eat)
1:15 woke up (patted butt)
2:10 (eat)
3:45 (eat)
5:40 (eat)
7:20 (eat) awake

He usually does not eat this much during the night (about 2-4 times typically) but he does wake up like this all the time. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe I'm offering the breast too much. I don't know. He's become pretty fussy a lot now, even during the day and at times when he should be fine (i.e. clean diaper, full belly, etc). He seems to get angry and frustrated as well. He will grunt forcefully with his arms and fists tight and his face will get red. I'm sure him not getting a good sleep is part of the problem. His naps are wacky as well. Usually he'll nap (2-3 times per day) for about 40-45 minutes but I've noticed that an hour and a half seems to be a good amount of time for him. He doesn't typically wake up happy either unless he's had a good nap. I always have to go in there and pat his butt to keep him asleep. Part of the problem is that he rolls himself over and gets up on his hands and knees which wakes him up. Anyone have any tips or suggestions or am I just doomed to no sleep for a while?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.844 sec, (1)