CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What type of doctor is best for adrenal insufficiency?

jackierr Views: 23,625
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 555,074

Re: What type of doctor is best for adrenal insufficiency?

I agree that an ND would be good to see, but the reason I recommend a D.O. is that because there is a lot of testing that may need to be done and it helps a lot to have it go through insurance. If you can find a D.O. in your network that understands adrenal fatigue thats a big help. My D.O. knows a lot about it and had me do a saliva test. I also had a heavy metals test and food allergy test that all together would have cost about 2,000.00 dollars if I hadn't gone through insurance.
I have extremely bad adrenal problems and my cortisol test came back normal: so even though my blood pressure dropped dramatically when I went from sitting to standing and even though I have some crazy hypoglycemic stuff going on with a fasting glucose test the endocrinologist had no idea what was going on. Meanwhile I feel like I'm going to faint and my blood pressure has gotten as low as 78/50. My chiropractor said that the reason the cortisol tests are unreliable is that cortisol is produced by circadian rhythm time, so it is highest in the morning- when the blood is supposed to be taken. For this reason it is necessary to get a saliva hormone test in order to get the correct results: an ND or DO would be able to do this. If you can find a D.O. in your network the test should be covered by insurance. Most Endocrinologists don't realize the innacuracy of the AM cortisol test, and thats why it wont help to see one.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.500 sec, (1)