CureZone   Log On   Join
I need some help

alexan Views: 1,073
Published: 17 years ago

I need some help

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism last year but never took the medications for it. I have been seeing a ND now who has put me on some supp. which have helped. But, the most significant thing that makes a difference is my diet. If I cut out Sugar and carbs, it takes a few days but then I feel fantastic. And I drop a little weight.

BUT, I have a horrible time sticking to it. Once I get going on a good diet, it lasts for a little while but then I want something sweet. So, I know Sugar is horrible for me so instead, I binge on “no sugar/low carb” sweets that are sweetened with Sugar alcohols like splenda or maltidol etc. They have laxative effects though, and I can't help but feel like they are doing something bad to my system. I feel almost like I am addicted to them. Is that possible? After I eat the them, I feel horrible for doing so, but then think that if they flush out of my system pretty quickly they can’t be that bad for me. (I don’t think I’m correct though). What are the effects of these products? Are they safe?

Also, I have found that since I have been doing the low carb thing, I gain weight incredibly fast, if I start to have sweets or carbs. This is also really frustrating.

I think maybe part of the problem is psychological. I don’t know, but all I do know is that I am not being good to myself right now, and it is just a downward spiral.

Any help? Words of wisdom?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.813 sec, (1)