CureZone   Log On   Join
Doesn't matter

DawnWine Views: 5,087
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 575,936

Doesn't matter

Doesn't matter if he has her best intersts at heart. I don't agree, but regardess of if I did SHE MARRIED HIM.

At the point she married him (or vice versa if they case happened to be) she decided to grant him the power of custody/estate/etc in her life if she was incapable of doing so herself.

Let me paint a picture for you of the consequence of what the state tried to do, with the religious right-wing waving pom-poms on the side.

If a husband has an affair, he has invalidated his marriage regardless of what the wife may know. Now, if at any time the state has need of something from this marriage but are hindered by the bonds of marriage they may step in and invalidate the marriage. All they need is some proof that the man has committed an affair.

Every man (and a good number of women) on this board should feel their gonads shrinking up into them, as half of them will have likely had an affair and the rest know someone who has. Most marriages are now invalid, regardless of the knowledge or consent of the participants.

The state needs information protected by the bonds of marriage. Poof, you are now likely to go to jail too if you refuse to give witness against your spouse. I can think of a hundred of these scenarios that ought to terrify you.

Great idea. The gay-rights activists wouldn't even want in on that deal.

I'm a feminist. I'm a law-abiding citizen. I'm even a centrist. I find myself horrified that the "family-values" contingent has tried to deal a death-blow to marriage. This monstrosity crossed the line into their very midst on the lips and hearts of the "faithful." I hope only to see stronger minds prevail over the emotions ready to sacrifice anything to get what they want.
©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

Doesn't matter if he has her best intersts at heart. I don't agree, but regardess of if I did SHE MARRIED HIM.

At the point she married him (or vice versa if they case happened to be) she decided to grant him the power of custody/estate/etc in her life if she was incapable of doing so herself.

Let me paint a picture for you of the consequence of what the state tried to do, with the religious right-wing waving pom-poms on the side.

If a husband has an affair, he has invalidated his marriage regardless of what the wife may know. Now, if at any time the state has need of something from this marriage but are hindered by the bonds of marriage they may step in and invalidate the marriage. All they need is some proof that the man has committed an affair.

Every man (and a good number of women) on this board should feel their gonads shrinking up into them, as half of them will have likely had an affair and the rest know someone who has. Most marriages are now invalid, regardless of the knowledge or consent of the participants.

The state needs information protect by the bonds of marriage. Poof, you are now likely to go to jail too if you refuse to give witness against your spouse. I can think of a hundred of these scenarios that ought to terrify you.

Great idea. The gay-rights activists wouldn't even want in on that deal.

I'm a feminist. I'm a law-abiding citizen. I'm even a centrist. I find myself horrified that the "family-values" contingent has tried to deal a death-blow to marriage. This monstrosity crossed the line into their very midst on the lips and hearts of the "faithful." I hope only to see stronger minds prevail over the emotions ready to sacrifice anything to get what they want.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.668 sec, (2)