CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Peripheral Neuropathy? Help!!!

Susie Views: 17,254
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 58,480

Re: Peripheral Neuropathy? Help!!!

My daughter is only 22 and has peripheral neuropathy. Some of the things that you been told to do where unreal. My daughter is not to dare get in a tub of hot water, that makes the condition worse. You should take cool baths and also Vitamin B12 shots do her alot of good. She gets one every month and will start getting one every 2 weeks. She feels so much better after she has had one of those.
When you have PN, your body can not absorb B12 and so it makes the pain even worse. PN is a disease by itself but it can also be a sympton of Multiple Sclerosis which could take years to show on your brain or spine. That is what they also think my daughter has. She had a tumor that laid on her large nerve in her right leg too long before they found it and did a partial hysterectomy. They think that is what caused the PN. Talk to your doctor about the B12 shots and she is also on Neurontin 1800 mg a day and seems to help some. Hope this helps. We understand what you are going thru, I have been up many a nights with my daughter, she can not feel her leg from the knee down and has to use a cane for a few days and then when the feeling comes back, she is in sooooo much pain, I have to stay up with her and try and get it off her mind. She also takes pain medicine. Its helps some. The best thing she says is the shots.
Take Care,
Susie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.125 sec, (1)