CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Yoga & Fasting

oleg-yogin Views: 1,205
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 589,891

Re: Yoga & Fasting

Hi Hunny!

There are many views on fasting in yoga.

Some people say we(y.) must not have too much of a thing: no hard work and no lazyness, no fasting and no overeating.

Some people say one can get good results on fasting only after 10 days.

So far I have done one day a week fasts. Now I can my day meals for 2. One is light and another one is very light. I also monitor my body weight and physical power. I want to keep it strong, but without access of the bodymass.

As for one day fasts - in the morning of a next day I did not feel like I want to eat any more. Also I tried shivambu fasting - this way I did not feel like I want to eat at all.

And I had better practice after fasting day on empty stomach.

I am not big fan of intence asana practice. One should egage and hold a posture as long as it feels right. I like to move slow in between.

So take it easy. If you don't feel like praticing - take a breake for 2-3 weeks and then start very easy and very slow. This way you don't hurt your body.

Have fun

J

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.297 sec, (1)