CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: It's been a long time...

oleg-yogin Views: 1,308
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 590,042

Re: It's been a long time...

Hi Janaki!

I’m from down-under, but next door to Aus – Wellington, New Zealand. Green and Clean country, and fresh too ( or too fresh ). “You can’t beat Wellington on a good day!” Also they say it, I wander when this day comes… Ha-ha

This summer I could treat myself with a sun bath just a few times – not very nice to be out with 15ºC and winds over 30kph…

I agree, we have too many “yoga teachers” around, and the major problem is – commercial sports institutions moved in, even giving yoga teaching degrees. Many folks with aerobics, ballet, dancing backgrounds think: Ok, I’m flexible and can copy moves, so I’m a yoga teacher now! I often hear complains from people – like yoga class is not working, like they had back, neck, or knee problems and constant pains in various parts of the body. But asana practice is not about “making poses” or pushing over the limits. So I have to correct these mistakes in my classes and at least try to give right directions to beginners, and try to save at least a few from “doing yoga”. The breathing pace could be used in any type of practice; I try to balance heat, so some easy asanas could be held for longer to rest and cool down, or vinyasas could be used to keep warming up. It is all in the name – Ha and Tha and the balance.

I’m into flushes, but not so often now. Probably next full moon I’ll go with another one. I still have some occasional pains in GB/liver area and passing a few soft stones every time. Next week I’ll have back my first blood test (for last 10 years). So I might have some ideas about where I’m on my health.

I do nauli after my daily asana practice and feel a lot better, cutting on my food intake. I think it helps digestion a lot. Do you know if this practice is safe to teach to a women?

Om

o.y.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.375 sec, (1)