CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: So staring to see something is obviously bad and not normal, correct?

goyogi Views: 1,329
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 598,028

Re: So staring to see something is obviously bad and not normal, correct?

Wow! I'm not so sure he's a bad optometrist. There was a study where they gave three groups of people different levels of prescriptions over time and viewed their progression. One group they constantly gave 20/20 prescription, the other 20/30 and the last 20/40 prescription.

They found the vision of the group that had 20/20 prescription got worst fastest and the group that were given 20/40 prescription got worst the slowest.

So your doctor MAY be saving your vision. You should ask him. Now he should also be giving you reasons why he doesn't want to give you 20/20 vision. He should be giving you exercises to do to reduce your dependance on glasses. Seek out the bates method. There is a good group in yahoo groups that focuses on the bates method.

I'd actually like to see this doctor. Is he in the San Jose California area? I have a hard time finding doctors to reduce my prescription. Using the bates method I'm slowly improving my vision. The last doctor I went to was just the opposite of your doctor. He measured my current prescription as 20/15! He said that's wonderful but he wouldn't lower my prescription. Grrrrrrr!!!!! I have to go around them and order glasses online and estimate my prescription, then go to another doctor 6-12 months later and pretend I don't know my prescription so they have to start all over again with measuring.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.484 sec, (1)