CureZone   Log On   Join
How is everyone doing?

dental guy Views: 23,330
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 600,313

How is everyone doing?

I just found this board and after reading through it for hours, I decided to share my experience as well. I first noticed the fecal Body Odor when I was a sophomore in high school. I don't think I need to tell you guys how much I suffered because we all seemed to have suffered from similar symptoms (people sniffling their nose, people asking me if I farted etc). I am a 2nd year graduate (dental) student now, so I have had this thing for around 7-8 years now.
At my school (where I cannot sit next to people), I have been getting a lot of lectures about oral infections (candidiasis) and disorders (such as TMAU - fish odor syndrome) and even though I have been a silent sufferer for many years this has renewed my interest in this syndrome and I have started to looking up this subject more and more myself. From my personal experience, it is very difficult to know when your odor is strongest because we do get desensitized to our own odor. I do not believe that this odor comes from the anus, or that is is caused by oral infection such as candidiasis or mucus build-up (from what I learned in lectures and from the fact that tons of patients at our school have candidiasis but there is no correlation to this smell), or that this is TMAU. My smell is there regardless of whether I eat foods that contain choline or not. The odor is in the respiration, which probably means it's a systemic disorder of some internal organs such as gastrointestinal tract, liver, or kidney.
I am just extremely frustrated that whatever textbooks I look up I can't seem to find anything that's related to this. Let alone finding the cure, we are not even sure what it is...

Anyway, let's all be optimistic and hope that sooner or later our suffering will end. It has driven me to the point of madness (And past that). Meanwhile all I will be able to do is try to learn/research more about this thing.

BY the way is there a new group or something where people who used to post here now go to? If so please let me know and feel free to e-mail me to talk about anything.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

3.266 sec, (1)