CureZone   Log On   Join
Sad times indeed. The lack of tolerance here surprises me.

universal Views: 5,659
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 610,915

Sad times indeed. The lack of tolerance here surprises me.

I'm very saddened to see this happening on CureZone, one of my favorite websites, which I am now being encouraged to leave by the Webmaster, because I happen to share the viewpoint of many the blocked users. Most of them are blocked because they were understandably upset when their favorite Debate Forums were removed, or should I say censored? They complain and now they're gone. How is this a good thing? What harm did expressing oneself in an optional debate forum do to CZ? Certainly much less than this Gestapo housecleaning that we have going on now.

9thBody was an excellent poster, her blogs were solid and I enjoyed reading them. I learned a lot from them. Thorn and 2Tuff might have unconventional views, but isn't that what CZ is about? Unconventional views? About thinking for yourself and not just accepting everything you are taught and told by the establishment? They made me think. That's the reason that CZ is/was my homepage and why I read it pretty much everyday. Now, of course there are still some quality forums here and I'll continue to visit (despite the webmaster's wishes), but it's not the same place it was before, it’s changed and definitely not for the better.

-Matthew

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for
people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
-Noam Chomsky

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.203 sec, (1)