CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: BED questions re: cultured vegs

Prudence Views: 2,377
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 617,532

Re: BED questions re: cultured vegs

I think you can surely reap many benefits from the BED without the cultured veggies, but once you try them, you'll likely be hooked. The diet can be pretty bland without them. I make my own cultured veggies, which I enjoy, but I've also been buying kimchee at our local co-op lately, and it's wonderful! I prefer it to my own, really, but it's kind of expensive to buy all the time. I'm going to try replicating the recipe.

I wouldn't think of cultured vegetables as food growing mold on it. That's inaccurate, really, and certainly not appetizing! ;-) I've never had any mold on the top of mine. It does often bubble over, so I keep the jars in the sink until they're ready to be opened and refrigerated.

If you decide to try to make them, go right for the second recipe in the book. The first (mostly cabbage) doesn't taste good enough to get you to enjoy them. Try adding green onions, ginger, carrots, etc. As I'm finding with kimchee, the more the tastier.

Hope you have success with these. I think they're definitely worth the effort. Oh -- and the young coconut kefir gives similar benefits, so try that if you want to while you work up the courage for cultured veggies!

Good luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.969 sec, (1)