CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Success with BED Diet and addictions?

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
Anja Views: 3,613
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 619,645

Re: Success with BED Diet and addictions?

I have been on the diet for maybe six weeks, with more than a few cheats. I'm not the most self-disciplined person, so it's been kind of tough. However, when I cheat it's not with cigarettes, alcohol or cheesecake - it's rice cakes and peanut butter, fruit, or a dinner out where I forget to bring my own salad dressing, eat some of the potatoes, or am not sure what's in the sauce on the fish. I've actually started really enjoying the permitted foods, but the combining and 80/20 ratio are probably the hardest for me, particularly at breakfast. It can also get a little monotonous after awhile if you don't have time to preparare elaborate recipes - I tend to eat the same things over and over - salad, steamed veggies, and plain cooked grains.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the willpower thing - that's seems to be really individual, and some people fare better than others when it comes to modifying their habits. I've seen some real improvements with this diet (even though I'm not perfect on it) along with a couple of Liver Flushes (have you done those? They really help), and that's encouragement to keep going. I have been chronically sick (my main symptom is headaches) for so many years that at this point I just want my life back, and it's worth the lifestyle changes. I want to start traveling again and planning things with friends where I don't have to leave myself an out because I might have a migraine, or planning events and activities around my periods, since I know I'll spend the best part of that week with a whopper headache.

Life is short, you know? You blink and it's over. If there's a way out of physical suffering just by getting back to what nature intended, I'm all for that. I was on a rather self-destructive path, myself, at one time, so I know where you're coming from, and I understand something about addiction. I feel like the series of small successes with my health improvements have made it possible for me to open my eyes in a spiritual sense, and that also gives me strength and motiviation to continue on a healthier path.

Chronic pain and illness really shrinks your perspective - you get very self-involved because you sort of go into survival mode, and getting that to lift in a physical sense also takes a load off your psyche and allows you to grow spiritually. I actually feel more compassionate and connected with the universe and my fellow humans since I started all this. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about, anyway, right?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.750 sec, (2)