CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Whats wrong with me?

Views: 2,085
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 628,589

Re: Whats wrong with me?

I sent you a response, but accidentally responed to my own post. Actually, I never said we weren't disciples of Christ. We are disciples to whom we follow, which hopefully is Christ. Since disciple means a follower. I was talking about the unhealthy culture that grew in our churches all over the world. We had appointed disciplers. We were accountable everyday. Nothing in our lives was private. We had to tell them everything, and if we didn't, we were labeled "prideful" and "unopen" to advice. Discipleling became more of getting permission rather than spiritual advice and loving counsel. There was tight control over everyone. Instead of having natural loving friendships, they became relationships that were forced and appointed. Thank God I left. Most everyone did leave, and this happened in Jan.2004. There is a lot of damage that has been done, we need to heal. In my first post, I just was venting my emotional status at the time, I surely didn't mean for all this stuff to be hashed out. There were a couple of people who posted very compassionate and loving responses, which I am grateful for.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.063 sec, (1)