CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Surrendering

golfegg Views: 2,299
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 639,984

Re: Surrendering

I want to say I'm no Bush lover, and there is NO way I'm going to let him control me in any way either. I pay my taxes and that's all.
But... Romans 13:1-7 is used by many Christians to justify war, hate, and injustice commited by politicians like we should go along with it, and it's Gods will. Not! All this section of Romans says is to not go against the government, it was put there by God.
It doesn't say if it's good or bad. It doesn't say we have to like, honor, or love it. It doesn't say we should dislike it, or dishonor it either. It's just something Christians shouldn't rebel against. It doesn't say we should not have opinions about it either. In reality, none of it should matter to Christians.
batchman, you were the one saying to not get caught up in worldly, or physical things, and only be concerned about spiritual things. So why be so offended by an attack on something you shouldn't be concerned about? Why defend something that shouldn't matter to you? Are you starting to see how it's impossible to only be spiritual?
Jesus said we are to give the government what is due to the government, and give to God what is due to God. Jesus had a not so nice opinion of the church back then too. What matters is if you let it control you, and become a slave to it, instead of God.
Both trapper and batchman, we only see the bad things in the world when we turn our eyes from God. You two are arguing about nothing that should matter to Christians. Be more concerned about yourself and God, instead of Bush and God. Rejoice! God is taking care of it as we speak.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

13.781 sec, (1)