CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Surrendering

batchman555 Views: 2,229
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 640,037

Re: Surrendering

"batchman, you were the one saying to not get caught up in worldly, or physical things, and only be concerned about spiritual things. So why be so offended by an attack on something you shouldn't be concerned about? Why defend something that shouldn't matter to you? Are you starting to see how it's impossible to only be spiritual?"

I think you may be missing the point.  I was foreordained to be born an American citizen.  He didn't have to make me an American, I could have been Swedish (like my wife) or any other nationality, it was His Choice.  Along with my citizenship(earthly) I was given the right to vote, which I exercise freely.  If my vote is for the one who lost the election I have no right to slander, milign, or gossip about the winner even if I think he's antichrist.  I must abide by Rm 13 and confess my sin (to The Father Only) when I fail.  Bitching and moaning about a person or his policies never increased anyones spiritual growth but leads to a road of self-destruction under the Laws of Divine Establishment.  The offense isn't against me, but a ruler of this nation, I was just revealing God's mind, to someone who I thought was  a believer and wanted to honor and glorify Christ.

Not only was there slander of a "rule of the people", but our President professes to be a believer himself.  If he says he is who are we to judge?  In trying to maintain unity in The Body of Christ(which is a concern of mine) my effort was to put a stop to the topic of "George W. Bush", which is ungodly. 

Gal 5:15  But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

"
Are you starting to see how it's impossible to only be spiritual?"

Negative, the spiritual man can not only function in the world but excel because he knows that Christ is in control of all things.  I can be in complete fellowship with The Father and The Son while working at my job, watching the Steelers play football, playing with my childern, getting out to vote or whatever my earthly responsibilities are.  It's not impossible, but very possible because of The Cross of Christ.  Everything we(believers) think, do or say must be Cross oriented.

To the young and unsure your questions may seem rational, but to the confident one who is bold in Christ, rationality is second to spiritualiy.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.843 sec, (2)