CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: new to coconut oil - some question

happydog Views: 1,690
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 663,308

Re: new to coconut oil - some question

Hi, I buy coconut oil by the gallon. I put some in a little squeeze bottle and add some shea butter to it. I keep that in my bathroom. Then I use a little squeeze after a bath to massage on my skin, instead of hair conditioner I use about a nickel size dab in my hair after washing it, and a couple of drops massaged into my damp face for a moisturizer. On rare occasions when I wear makeup, I use it to remove mascara. After a bath sometimes I'll rub it into my feet and then wear socks to bed. I use it on my husband's sunburned neck. Sometimes I put on some when sunbathing. I use it as hand lotion. It takes the place of all kinds of expensive products.

I've read of folks using coconut oil to brush their teeth too.

I don't know how you would judge quality in a turkish market. I buy it from Tropical Traditions or Wilderness Family because I trust their quality. When you open a container and get a whiff of good sweet coconut it will make you want to say mmmmm. Not very scientific but it works for me. I spose you could buy a small container and try it. If it's not good you won't have wasted a lot of $$.

Where I live they coconuts grow wild and don't seem to need much care, so I don't think there's a big problem with non organic vs organic. It's not like it's a heavily sprayed "crop." The problems would be in processing it. So the ultimate test would be how much the oil smells and tastes like coconuts. My opinion anyway :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.563 sec, (1)