CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: eating disorder?

Views: 1,584
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 678,334

Re: eating disorder?

Hey!
I'm in the same position as you are, so I can relate... I've had anorexia for almost 4 years...but in the 2 months that I've been home from college, I've put on 20 pounds... which sort of threw me into serious depression, because I'm not used to looking "healthy" -just emaciated. I've always been really health-oriented though, so sometimes I wonder if the ED was rooted in orthorexia (being obsessive about the quality of your food and the purity of what you put in your body)...but anyway, since I'm at a normal weight now, I wanted to do a Water Fast to clear my head, cleanse my body, get rid of all the impurities and old emotions, etc. .....and just start over with a clean slate, then start eating a raw diet that will keep my weight steady and functional. Fasts can work wonders, like you said... especially in kicking old habits. but if your bad habit was NOT eating, then you really have to decide for yourself if you're ready to move on with a healthy life... because the biggest difference between fasting and being anorexic is understanding when to stop and slowly resume healthy eating again. An anorexic would fast, but go about it the wrong way, with a negative outlook, not caring about anything but the number on the scale... but normal people who fast are more concerned with being healthy and healing. If you were "mia", I think fasting is an excellent choice.. as long as you know that when your fast is over, you have to start respecting your body and stop torturing your digestive system ..and as long as you don't keep fasting until you're down to 90 pounds. I also have IBS, and I was wondering if fasting will help this kind of problem... that's the only thing I was a little weary about. I think I'm gonna start another fast anyway, and hopefully it'll go away, because it's miserable! Let me know how you're doing!.........good luck & good health :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.com

1.391 sec, (1)