CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I disagree

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

More
More
DangerousProduce Views: 2,373
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 706,422

Re: I disagree

I agree with you that a collection of embryo cells, or a fetus is not a person and doesn't have the rights of the mother. But those who are allegedly pro-life (anti-abortion) will argue that point till the end of time. They don't apppear to be able to mentally process the logic of your point on this issue.

I question their motives since I don't believe they are at work to prevent suffering to the mother (or the prospective father), the families involved, or society at large.

They have a pretty weak argument that snuffing out one and one half (1 1/2") inches of embryo or fetal cells is equal to a murder of a person. So they have to shore up their argument by deciding to call that small group of living cells--a person.

I have posted a few posts about this but none of them will admit they have fallen down into the trap of a logical fallacy. Learning to think clearly is a goal of high school, but they haven't reached it on this issue.

For high school logic students reading..... the fallacy of division occurs when someone assumes that a property of some thing must apply to its parts or that a property of a collection of items is shared by each item. Those in favor of pro-life (anti-abortion) can't get past even this. Examples:

Humans are conscious and are made of cells, therefore, each cell has consciousness.
(A living person is composed and made up of many living cells. Therefore each cell is a living person.)

You are studying at a rich college. Therefore you must be rich.

Since the team could solve the problem so easily, I assume that each member of the team could do it just as well.

The pro-abortion theory says the part is equal to the whole: the fetus is equal to the person: a partly developed embryo is equal to a person in rights/everything.
If they were honest, they would have to admit their illogical thinking would force them to accept the conclusion to the following story as true also.

Carey lives 100 miles from work and to get to work on time he has to take his car rather than the bus. Since the part is equal to the whole, in every function, and Carey applies this theory to driving, he could just as easily get to work on time by (leaving his car behind) driving one of his car's tires to work (lol-save on gasoline).

-40 millimeters in length or 1.6 inches equals 10 weeks of fetal development-

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.344 sec, (2)