CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What is the longest fast achieved here?

Ayehasherayeh Views: 985
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 716,474

Re: What is the longest fast achieved here?

Most of the fasting that is being discussed hear is actually a modified juice fast which we all understand. These juice fasts when done properly will be more concentrated nutritionally and in assimilability than most any standard fare.

The biggest resistance in a properly practiced modified fast is psychological ie: the false body crying and satisfying it by living in the state that (we) cannot exist without proper nourishment, or perhaps not being prepared for the extra energy or extra time masqueradeding as boredom or temptation. Live or occupy the spirit of truth which states that indeed man does not live by bread alone, but may be wholly sustained from an unseen essence predigested for us and proceeding from another mouth.

In a modified fast it is pretty important to strain the juice to be pulp free as pulpy matter may keep the digestive secretions flowing and prolong minor discomfort. It is possible to use pulp but there will be more temptation.

No extreme fasts for I. I do have a neat story from a 22 day grapefruit juice and water only fast. I do not know what the outcome would be if I was not fasting.

I was in the gym daily and performed degrees better as the fast went on. On day 22 after a brief workout I prepared to put up a personal best on a free weight benchpress. I stacked on about 75% of this weight to warm up and with boundless energy slipped into the back of the bench (the wrong way) the bench was on a wooden platform and was not bolted down so I the weights, and the bench tumbled backwards with about 275 pounds of barbell coming at my neck. Due to I assume increased strength and superior lymph vitality, I caught the weights as I fell, threw the weights off and shocked even more as I threw on the rest of the weights to complete my personal best benchpress. I also recorded a personal best free squat.

The energy I had during that type of fast was different, more pure and vital, yet I was not used to it. The few periods of lightheadedness or uneasiness were easily remedied by grounding myself for a moment.

One last note when done properly you tend to get the feeling and then the knowing that one can subsist on a clean diet for a long long time....Good for dying to that ego..or at least gaining a modicum of control by restraint of that bad boy through delayed gratification.

A.
©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

Most of the fasting that is being discussed hear is actually a modified juice fast which we all understand. These juice fasts when done properly will be more concentrated nutritionally and in assimilability than most any standard fare.

The biggest resistance in a properly practiced modified fast is psychological ie: the false body crying and satisfying it by living in the state that (we) cannot exist without proper nourishment, or perhaps not being prepared for the extra energy or extra time masqueradeding as boredom or temptation. Live or occupy the spirit of truth which states that indeed man does not live by bread alone, but may be wholly sustained from an unseen essence predigested for us and proceeding from another mouth.

In a modified fast it is pretty important to strain the juice to be pulp free as pulpy matter may keep the digestive secretions flowing and prolong minor discomfort. It is possible to use pulp but there will be more temptation.

No extreme fasts for I. I do have a neat story from a 22 day grapefruit juice and water only fast. I do not know what the outcome would be if I was not fasting.

I was in the gym daily and performed degrees better as the fast went on. On day 22 after a brief workout I prepared to put up a personal best on a free weight benchpress. I stacked on about 75% of this weight to warm up and with boundless energy slipped into the back of the bench (the wrong way) the bench was on a wooden platform and was not bolted down so I the weights, and the bench tumbled backwards with about 275 pounds of barbell coming at my neck. Due to I assume increased strength and superior lymph vitality, I caught the weights as I fell, threw the weights off and shocked even more as I threw on the rest of the weights to complete my personal best benchpress. I also recorded a personal best free squat.

The energy I had dduring that type of fast was different, more pure and vital, yet I was not used to it. The few periods of lightheadedness or uneasiness were easily remedied by grounding myself for a moment.

One last note when done properly you tend to get the feeling and then the knowing that one can subsist on a clean diet for a long long time....Good for dying to that ego..or at least gaining a modicum of control by restraint of that bad boy through delayed gratification.

Anthony

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.609 sec, (3)