CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: oh no not anouther bible question

Ayehasherayeh Views: 677
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 717,477

Re: oh no not anouther bible question

Kala, much of the "wisdom"
has been borrowed from much earlier sources, such as the egyptian book of the dead. Consider psalm 104:24 How many are your works, O LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. and....

How manifold are thy works!
They are hidden before men
Oh sole God, beside whom
there is no other.
Thou didst create earth
according to thy heart."
-Amenhotep IV

A full half of the 10 commandments were well known prior to Moses.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain....Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery...Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor..."
- Exodus 20: 7-16

'Not have I despised god...Not have I killed...Not have I fornicated...Not have I despoiled the thing of the god...not have I defiled the wife of a man...Not have I cursed god...Not have I borne false witness'.
- Egyptian Book of the Dead

In Proverbs 22:17-23:11, "every proverb but one can be paralleled in The Instruction of Amen-em-Opet. In addition the book as a whole shows many affinities with other well-known Egyptian wisdom books and with various Mesopotamian wisdom texts Robert C. Denton in "The Proverbs", Wisdom, Literature and Poetry .

Same can be said of many psalms and various new testament attributes.

Take care to heed the warnings

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish aught from it, that ye may keep the commandments of Yahweh your God which I command you."
- Deuteronomy 4:2

"Take no word away, and add nothing thereto and put not one thing in the place of another."
- Instruction of Ptah-hotep

A ©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

Kala, much of the "wisdom"
has been borrowed from much earlier sources, such as the egyptian book of the dead. Consider psalm 104:24 How many are your works, O LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. and....

How manifold are thy works!
They are hidden before men
Oh sole God, beside whom
there is no other.
Thou didst create earth
according to thy heart."
-Amenhotep IV

A full half of the 10 commandments were well known prior to Moses.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain....Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery...Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor..."
- Exodus 20: 7-16

'Not have I despised god...Not have I killed...Not have I fornicated...Not have I despoiled the thing of the god...not have I defiled the wife of a man...Not have I cursed god...Not have I borne false witness'.
- Egyptian Book of the Dead

In Proverbs 22:17-23:11, "every proverb but one can be paralleled in The Instruction of Amen-em-Opet. In addition the book as a whole shows many affinities with other well-known Egyptian wisdom books and with various Mesopotamian wisdom texts Robert C. Denton in "The Proverbs", Wisdom, Literature and Poetry .

Same can be said of many psalms and various new testament attributes.

bBe careful to heed the warning.s

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish aught from it, that ye may keep the commandments of Yahweh your God which I command you."
- Deuteronomy 4:2

"Take no word away, and add nothing thereto and put not one thing in the place of another."
- Instruction of Ptah-hotep

Anthony

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

5.877 sec, (2)