CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Peanuts Aflatoxin free!

brasscupcakes Views: 2,544
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 722,734

Re: Peanuts Aflatoxin free!

$14 a pound for peanuts? I don't care how buttery they, for half that price (okay, I pay less in Indian and Asian markets -- sometimes 3.99 a pound!), think I'll just have to stick with cashews, almonds, brazils, hazelnuts, and a gazillion other healthful nuts that aren't known to have aflatoxin.

I love this forum but sometimes I fear that somebody without a lot of money walking in here for the first time would get the impression that they can't afford to get healthy. It's really a pity, the mark-up so called alternative suppliers take to deliver wholesome goods (and I do know what it costs to import and ship when you aren't Walmart, as a very very small business person myself). And the mlm's, of course, are the worst -- 3lac almost broke me, when I needed it. Now when I need something like Oxypowder , I do my best to make an equivalent version by buying bulk ingredients from chemical and nutraceutical companies and capsule the ingredients myself -- it's a pain but I do wish people were more aware of what can be done on the cheap, so that if they get into a situation like I am where they haven't been able to work due to illness for quite some time they don't simply give up. I wish there was a forum for people to post the cheapest prices they find on stuff -- I'd love to share my sources on more than just an anecdotal basis when I happen to answer a post but I'm fearful of being perceived as a spammer.

(however, I do think you're at somewhat less risk of your peanuts having the aflatoxin if you're buying fresh, unprocessed peanuts you are shelling yourself as opposed to peanut butter, peanut sauce or anything canned or jarred. You can at least see that the skins are intact, no broken pieces and any obvious mold, at least, is detectable ... that said, I don't eat peanuts in the shell because thus far I've only been able to get peanuts roasted in the shell, not raw ... if they were raw, the pods would look different, as do the raw peanuts, which I have been able to buy marked as raw and shelled in ethnic markets but unshelled would be preferable. Basically, I've just given up on peanuts.)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.656 sec, (2)