CureZone   Log On   Join
on kids and late carreer

sofia Views: 5,195
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 728,894

on kids and late carreer

well Lapis, you know so much, but something that you don't know is how it is for a woman to have kids. There is not much time left for yourself and not much head either, especially if the kids are many.
It would be long to talk of it, but I think that the world as it is now is not made for kids, and for mothers either who want to fully express themselves as women. I have the strong memory of how it was by the Shipibos on the Amazon river, how children were free there, and Erik and I are looking for an intentional community where to recreate a similar environment. I don't know if that's the solution, but the nuclear family sure is not.

2dream,
in the case you'll have the noble precedent of Louise Bourgeois, a visual artist now 95 and still working brilliantly. The grand opening of the Tate Modern was with her, and this says a lot, because it means that her work is still so fresh as to be considered strictly contemporary. I don't know of any other artist so free from generational limits. She's from 1911 and although she did some exhibition in the 40's, she began her real carrier in the 60's and 70's, aged 50-60, when kids where grown up. She's a quite spicy type of girl, with great humour and style.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.219 sec, (1)