CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Diet for renal failure cat..help!

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

More
boykitty Views: 1,815
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 73,643

Re: Diet for renal failure cat..help!

There are several reasons why cats in renal failure will not eat. The toxicity of their system makes their stomaches feel bad and their taste is affected. Also, peridontal disease is common. If Miss Pissy is chewing funny, turning her head from side to side and dropping food as she chews, this may be a reason. With nausea, you can give them 1/4 of a zantac 2x a day or 1/4 pepcid 1x a day. Ask your vet about aluminum hydroxide, an over the counter treatment which settles stomaches and helps eliminate phosphorus. Your cat may have an excess of phosphorus, common in crf cats, but definitely ask your vet if he thinks any of these things are right for your cat's needs. There are also many holistic ways to treat the nausea, if you would like I can look into those and post them for you. My Boy did not start eating on his own until after I gave him Clyndamicin for his gums and zantac for his belly. I no longer give him the zantac. If you find that she just does not like the food, try looking into homemade diets. Just Peachy reccomended some sites in her response to my post and I believe they had some recipes. I also have one that I will be trying, I'll let you know how it works. Keep trying to feed her as often as possible, they go through crisis periods where total care is necessary. Look into this website (felinecrf.com) as it may help you to understand the disease as well as the related problems. Educating myself has been my saving grace, as I have found that vet's don't always have all the answers. As a caregiver you are responsible for noticing changes and taking action to care for your cat. Being in tune and understanding your pet's needs is very important. Good luck and keep me posted!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

4.234 sec, (1)