CureZone   Log On   Join
Sick puppy :-(

shanespencer Views: 990
Published: 17 years ago

Sick puppy :-(

Hi all, this is my first message, and I hope someone out there can help me!

I just got a puppy, he's about a month and a half old. We took him to a local vet (we are in China) last night to sort out his shots, and the vet noticed that this cute little bundle had worms.

He gave the puppy some medicine (admainistered in the ear), and all looked well.

However, starting from this morning, things have taken a turn for the worse. He couldn't keep any of his breakfast down, it all came back within 5 minutes of him eating it. After that, he started to cough up long worms, maybe 10cm in length. Worms were also present in his stools for a little while after that.

After a few hours, he still wretched, as if to spew more worms, but he had no mor energy to do so. Not only that, but he had the urge to pass stool, but nothing would come out.

Now, he's not eating at all, unsurprisingly. He's almost lifeless, sleeping most of the day. When his eyes are open, there is no reaction in his face. He pees in his lying position, and vomits there, too. It's as if he has been drained of all his energy.

Can anyone advise me what we should do? How can we get him to eat? We're worried sick about him, he's so tiny, and it's clear that the worms have eaten him alive. The vets are not much help here, to be honest, so were' in a bit of a state.

I'm hoping someone on here can help me, ASAP!

Many thanks in advance

Shane

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.875 sec, (1)