CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: not just testimonials

dragondawg Views: 8,002
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 74,230

Re: not just testimonials

CureZone is about Educating instead of Medicating

Indeed, and the purpose of my post was in response to the original poster Isidora for the purposes of education rather than pseudo-medication with potentially harmful flax oil.

Unfortunately canine cancer does not allow the canine owner the luxury of experimentation with "miracle cures". No matter the type of cancer, it usually progresses extremely rapidly in our dogs. Left untreated Osteosarcoma is terminal in 1-2 months. For my Lymphoma dog, the prognosis was 4-6 weeks without treatment. So whatever decisions she makes now, will have immediate and long term implications.

It's one thing to consider supplements, and diet as adjuncts to standard Chemotherapy. But it's another to consider a flax oil plus cottage cheese diet as the cure for cancer, and/or a substitute for proven therapies. If it were that simple cancer would no longer be a problem, and the price of cottage cheese would skyrocket! Right? Note this is not an advocation for Chemo in regard to Osteosarcoma, as that particular type of cancer doesn't respond well to Chemo. Also supplements should be approached with the idea they are given if there is no evidence of possible harm. Given the potential for Omega-6 fatty acids to be produced by the host from flax oil, the potential for harm does exist. Especially since a much better alternative in the form of fish oil exists for the Omega-3s.

I wish Isidora the best in her decision making for her puppy dog.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.297 sec, (1)