CureZone   Log On   Join
just_peachy

dragondawg Views: 8,083
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 74,249

just_peachy

My first post was a fleshing out of information about flax oil. Since we are all entitled to our opinions as you point out, it is mine that a supplement should not be given to a dog with cancer, if there is any scientific evidence that it may be detrimental to the health of the dog. There were many supplements I gave my Lymphoma puppy during the course of her illness, but never did I place trust in testimonials.

alternatives to chemo and/or radiation and/or other such toxic cancer "treatments."

So you believe thrombospondin-1 treatments to be toxic, or unworthy of consideration for the treatment of Osteosarcoma?

What if the cancer was Lymphoma which does respond well to traditional Chemo? What if Chemo was not as toxic to a dog as you believe? What if … the choice was between Chemo and a resulting high quality of life for a year (median time 7.5 months for Lymphoma) vs doing nothing and losing one’s dog of 10+ years in 4-6 weeks?

Unfortunately that choice has to be made more each day with cancer becoming epidemic in our older pets. It’s a choice where the pet owner has to put aside their own phobias for the well being of their pet. Initially it’s a very difficult choice but one that must be based on the reality of the situation. When your dog is seriously ill with cancer you just do not have time to experiment with magical diets, mushroom extracts, and other concoctions- time will run out quickly if you do nothing. The first decision made by the owner per course of action is frequently irreversible.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.391 sec, (1)