CureZone   Log On   Join
Update on Cat...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Dr. Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

More
More

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Dr. Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

pine nut Views: 1,313
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 74,406

Update on Cat...

I took the cat to the vet the next morning. He didn't have an immediate definitive answer and wanted to keep it a few hours to do a blood test, urine test and x-rays. Late that afternoon I went back and he showed me the x-ray... kidneys, liver and everything looked good, but he said the kidneys look a little small. Also he said there is "small bladder disease". The bladder lining gets inflamed and swells up, leaving less room in the bladder. He spotted some Arthritis in the rear end, where the hind legs join to the hip. Seems kinda odd for a seven year old, but whatever, I guess. We looked at the x-ray and he showed me some "points" that were bone spurs, and one of the leg joints was not "smooth" between the ball and the socket. Appaently that's a bacteria or some bug that gets in there between the two and slowly messes the joint up.

He also recommended two things: the first was something called "Metacam", he said it's an NSAID (whatever that is, I forget), and the second thing he recommended was a change of diet. He recommended Hills c/o, or Waltham s/o. I also got an antibiotic, it's called "Baytril", 22.7 mg, administered for two weeks at 1½ pills per day.

Today he called with the results from the tests, he said that the proteins are high (by 2 points or 2+ whatever that means) and there was occult blood in the urine. He said that's just dead blood cells that aren't red or visible but the test picks them up. So the kidneys are passing a lot of protein. Everything else is "pretty good." Heh.

There is less blood in the urine now, Just a little pinkish instead of the red it was before. The vet said it will probably take a couple days for the Antibiotic to really kick-in. When it is used up I can go back in and he can examine things again for free. So (300 dollars later) this is what I know. He said the medicine should clear up the small bladder disease, and the bladder should go back to normal size, when the inflammation goes down.

I have always fed my two cats Iams cat food, the dry type. For their first year they got the kitten food (purple bag) and ever since it has been the adult (orange bag). From time to time, I give them a treat of canned tunafish. There have been *very few* exceptions to this... yes a few times when the store was out I had to get friskies or whatever, and the total of these occurrences are less than you could count on one or two hands, in seven years.

This evening I made some parsley water for the cats, maybe that will help things. I do plan on changing their food when this bag runs out, maybe not to what he recommended, though! Suggestions are welcome! :)

So here's my questions:

Are there any suggestions for arresting or eliminating Arthritis in pets?

Would a little colostrum help him out?

I still don't feel like I have fould any real reason or answer for the blood in the first place... could there be stones in the kidney that don't show up on an x-ray, that are scraping things and making him bleed?

Any other ideas or suggestions? I will be changing their diet, for sure, to what I don't know exactly yet. I think I'll start the parsley water on them, and then start working into the pet parasite program with both of them.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.844 sec, (2)