CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: my cat

just_peachy Views: 1,034
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 74,885

Re: my cat

Call another vet.

I know the financial state. Been there quite a few times myself. However, what you describe could be very serious.

Won't eat: something may be wrong

Wobbly or unsteady on feet: something is wrong

Can't control bladder: something is VERY wrong

Blood in urine: something is VERY WRONG

All these together: CALL ANOTHER VET

From just what you describe it sounds like your cat may have soft tissue injuries which can range from bruising all the way to ruptures. Without knowing what the true problem is, forcing food could be harmful. If any of the internal organs or the intestinal tract or urinary system have any ulcerations, lacerations, or ruptures, the food could cause serious damage or even death.

Sorry, I'm really not trying to scare you, but WHAT YOU DESCRIBE *could* be very serious.

I've had a lot of success calling vets and explaining my financial situation and the animal's condition. If you have a ASPCA vet or a local Humane Society vet - call them. One of the best vet's I've ever dealt with was a Humane Society vet and she charged me almost nothing when I was unemployed and one of my cats took very ill. I'm talking $5.00 (just five) for a complete visit, x-rays, and bloodwork. Other vet's have gone against their stated "payment in full at time of services rendered" policy and allowed me to make minimum payments monthly.

A second opinion may actually reinforce what the original vet says and the only issue may be bruising and your cat simply needs time to heal. Meanwhile, a vet is your best resource for anwering your questions. At least your mind will be eased if the second vet completely agrees with the first one.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.266 sec, (1)