CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: gassy belly

Prudence Views: 1,639
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 756,382

Re: gassy belly

Hi, warminreno. I sympathize with the gassy belly symptoms. I'm wondering if you've explored the whole food-combining area of raw foods. Even with juicing, combining fruits with veggies can sometimes cause gas. Leafy greens can be combined with fruits (as in green smoothies) successfully without causing gas, but when you start mixing Celery with apples, for example, you might be creating gas. Surprisingly, I've noticed more gas with juicing than with the green smoothies. I'm not advocating one over the other, but thought you might want to hear my experience.

Melons should be eaten/juiced alone. Fruits should be eaten at least half an hour before eating vegetables (and then not again until 2 1/2 hours after eating veggies). Soaked nuts and seeds are okay in salads but not with fruits. It seems pretty complicated, but it's easy once you get the hang of it. My diet is pretty simple: two or three green smoothies a day, alternating the fruits and greens I put in them, at about 7:30am and 4pm (with a mid-morning smoothie on extra-hungry days), and an enormous salad mid-day, which is when I eat all the mineral-rich veggies I can, mixed with some seeds (rarely nuts) and lots of mixed greens. Everything is organic, too, which helps my digestion. Gas problems have disappeared. If I eat more than a few nuts, though, especially in combination with fruit, my stomach protests.

Here's Gabriel Cousens' list of recommended soaking times for various types of nuts and seeds. It's from Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine. Hope it helps!

Almonds - soak 12 hours
Pecans - soak 1 to 2 hours
Walnuts - soak 1 to 2 hours
Macadamia, pine, and pistachios - do not soak
Hulled pupkin seeds - 4 hours
Hulled sunflower seeds - 4 hours
Sesame seeds - 4 hours
Flax seeds - 8 hours (creates a slimy consistency)
Hemp seeds - do not soak

Going raw is a process. It's a very rewarding process, though, and your body will be so grateful to you for identifying its needs and offering it the very best and most easily digested food you can find. For some people, that may mean steaming some greens lightly (see Joel Fuhrman's website http://www.eattolive.com for more on that type of eating). For others, it may mean adhering strictly to the raw lifestyle. Only you can know. And it really does take time to be able to hear your body through the cacauphony of messages we're bombarded with! Just be patient with yourself and trust your inner wisdom. Blessings to you!

-Prudence

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

2.750 sec, (2)