CureZone   Log On   Join
How soon should I see effects?

princessjade Views: 1,937
Published: 14 years ago

How soon should I see effects?

Hello and Happy New Year!

Back in November I started going to a gym to get into shape. I go, on average about 3 times a week. My regiment is this: about 25 min of cardio, then about 20-25 minutes of weights. Then I go into the Sauna for about 10 min (can't handle anything longer than 10 minutes) and then sometimes go swimming, but always do sit in their hot tub afterwards.

My objective, besides getting in shape, is to lose some weight. I want to lose 10-15 pounds. It is very frustrating for me not to be able to lose this weight. I understand the difference between building muscle and getting rid of fat, and how muscle weighs more than fat, etc. I am building muscle, but my pants are fitting TIGHTER! It is mostly around my waist that I am worried about. If I stick my stomach out it looks like I am 4 months pregnant!! At least! And I have always had a flat stomach. This is crazy.

Also, I don't do a ton of ab work. I work the sides of my abs, but not the middle.

My diet consists of cereal for breakfast (organic high fiber mostly). I take supplements - fiber, green foods powder, superseed from Garden of Life. I drink lots of water, I eat a lot of food for lunch, sometimes I go out to eat, but I avoid all MSG, Aspartame, etc. I do eat red meat -- not every day, but a few times a week. I am an O blood type so if I don't get enough protein I feel sick...

Anyone have any idea how long I should wait before I see the effects of working out? I am frustrated with this. I started the week before Thanksgiving, it has almost been 7 weeks.

Also, almost 3 months ago I had appendicitis and that is when this "fat stomach" issue happened. I became constipated after the surgery and finally had to start taking the fiber (psyllium husks) in the morning and so now I am getting well over 30 grams of fiber a day. The surgery was laparoscopic and so they bloated me with air... I gained 10 pounds since my surgery, that is crazy!!

I would love to hear anyones advice and comments. Thanks a bunch!

PJ

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.438 sec, (1)