CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hard to stick to diet because

Philla Views: 2,345
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 806,494

Re: Hard to stick to diet because

I guess all of us really feel this way, abstaining from a lot of things (alcohol, eating outs) can be very detrimental for your social life. I've been on and off the diet due to this, however I have been mostly on it for the last couple of months. I have a very social life, all my friends smoke and drink a lot, but since those people are close and know me well they'll understand my choices. Even if they nag about it sometimes, "yeah, you gotta make some exceptions", "have some fun", etc. When people get too drunk, I usually leave the building though :) Regarding alcohol, try to act like you have been drinking (sounds stupid but it's not!), by being open and lively. This is not so easy to do, but some training will do it. Remember that many people even can't open themselves when drink -> Typical scandinavian! It will give you lots of confidence if you can overcome this.

The hardest part with this candida diet I do think relates to talking about it to non-relatives.. Because people are so CURIOUS and want to know why I am bringing my neat lunchbox with steamed vegs and salmon instead of some slices of bread! Some times I get very tired of it, esp. if I'm having a die-off or not feeling well.. I try not to use the word "candida" in my explanations, because almost no one at my age (20) has ever heard about it. Allergies and digestion problems are my standard answers when somebody asks me I can't eat this or that..!

Lykke til! (Good luck!)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.594 sec, (1)