CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Scorpions Anyone got a natural deterant?

Aherantoxologist Views: 1,022
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 858,834

Re: Scorpions Anyone got a natural deterant?

We've got a few of them up here in Arkansas. I'm wondering if I wasn't recently bit by a tick -AND- a scorpion or a spider. In 2002, I stepped on a tiny one, about the size of a quarter. His stinger still left a sore spot on the bottom of my foot up until recently. If I poke hard with my toenail, I can still feel it's location deep below.

We live on a slab, and the aging wood siding allows for many porous spots around our house. I had the termite guys spray their nasty chems all around the foundation, and it was quickly apparent that I could taste some of the poision, much as you could if you use those hydrosulfuric acid 'insect bombs.'

Allowable Pesticides- What to use? First, just consult the list of edible plants, and their compatriot plants. Many of them are useful herbs, the list includes: Spearment, Chives, Tancy,...
Santolina- Repugnant to insects
Pyrethrum- Daisy-like flower, dried and powdered, apply to leaves-(?)
Ryania- Trinidad native that knocks insects out, but doesn't kill.
Rotenone (organic) From Tropical plant roots. [Once packaged as 'Tri-excel.']

Aldrin- Nicotene concentrate, part of the family of tobacco-cures. Not listed on approved additives, but still used as farming implement in adjacent roughage.

-I would look at that and possibly anything related to Liccorice Root.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.203 sec, (1)