CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: IS anyone out there? I need advice from other parents on how far apart to space your kids.

newmother Views: 2,029
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 858,377

Re: IS anyone out there? I need advice from other parents on how far apart to space your kids.

Thank you for your input. I disagree with you in regards to nursing. I think that up to 2 years is the perfect age and its perefectly normal. I was nursed up until I was two and I turned out to be a very secure and independant child and adult. At this age babies do still need comfort and they don't really get that much milk like in the beginning but its not about the milk soo much anymore, but rather the comfort they need from thier mother. My son is actually very independant. He started walking at 10 months and he has always been a very busy boy. He is a secure child and that is why I think he is soo happy and independant. I have seen parents that do thigns the opposite way they don't nurse at all, and they let their babies cry themselves to sleep and then I see these babies being very clingly all the time looking for love and attention because they are neglected. Other parents have tried to pressure me to do the cry out method but it makes no sense to me. We tried it once when he was tiny and I will NEVER do it again. The next day my son was soo glued to me. I don't think its a good thing and its very un natural. From my own expereince I have seen that by meeting a childs needs and giving them the love they need this helps them to be independant and secure at the same time.

Sarah

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.859 sec, (1)